Error 521 Origin Down

Dominik Peuscher

Aug 20, 2015, 3:07:57 AM8/20/15
to browscap
Since last week I often get an HTTP 521 Origin Down when trying to get the version:

curl -I http://browscap.org/version
HTTP/1.1 521 Origin Down
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 07:05:15 GMT
Server: cloudflare-nginx
CF-RAY: 218c3fb24c14234e-FRA

Is this a problem on my or on your side?

James Titcumb

Aug 20, 2015, 4:07:30 AM8/20/15
to browscap on behalf of Dominik Peuscher
Hi Dominik,

We were performing some short bouts of maintenance and host migration - in theory CloudFlare should've cached the site so you wouldn't have noticed, but I've noticed that it's not caching as much as we previously thought. It should be reasonably stable by now though, so there may be another issue with CF connecting to our web head. It may be because the server is overloaded etc. or other issues, not entirely sure yet. I'm not an expert with these things, so going to have to ask a friend ;)

We'll investigate, but in the mean time, I recommend simply retrying until it becomes available.

Thanks
James

James Titcumb

Aug 27, 2015, 1:02:09 PM8/27/15
to browscap on behalf of Dominik Peuscher
Please - are you still receiving these 521 errors?

Thanks
James

Dominik Peuscher

Aug 31, 2015, 12:14:10 PM8/31/15