Possible ban?

Björn Grunde

Mar 23, 2015, 10:13:15 AM3/23/15
to brow...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if my ip is banned? Browscaps stopped working on all our systems at once.

Ip: 193.15.201.244

James Titcumb

Mar 23, 2015, 11:32:47 AM3/23/15
to browscap on behalf of Björn Grunde
Hi Bjorn,

I can't see anything in the ban list for that IP - what error message are you seeing?

I can last see you downloaded on 13th March.

Thanks
James

On 23 March 2015 at 14:13, Björn Grunde via browscap <browscap+APn2wQcujhYItObVvsit7gp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I wonder if my ip is banned? Browscaps stopped working on all our systems at once.

Ip: 193.15.201.244

Björn Grunde

Mar 24, 2015, 8:31:17 AM3/24/15
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Den måndag 23 mars 2015 kl. 15:13:15 UTC+1 skrev Björn Grunde:
> I wonder if my ip is banned? Browscaps stopped working on all our systems at once.
>
> Ip: 193.15.201.244

As i suspected that was not the case. Im using the Browscap Class and when calling the method getBrowser(), i only get a small amount of data instead of the whole collection.

Like this:

Array
(
[browser_name] => Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
[browser_name_regex] => ^mozilla/(\d)\.0 \(.*mac os x 10\.10.*\) gecko.* firefox/(\d)(\d)\.0.*$
[browser_name_pattern] => Mozilla/5.0 (*Mac OS X 10.10*) Gecko* Firefox/33.0*
[parent] => Firefox 33.0
[platform] => MacOSX
[win32] =>
[comment] => Firefox 33.0
[browser] => Firefox
[browser_maker] => Mozilla Foundation
[version] => 33.0
[majorver] => 33
[device_type] => Desktop
[device_pointing_method] => mouse
[minorver] => 0
[win64] =>
[ismobiledevice] =>
[istablet] =>
)

Still trying to find a reason why this happened all of a sudden. But i guess it is out of the scope on this forum tho :)

James Titcumb

Mar 24, 2015, 9:29:07 AM3/24/15
to browscap on behalf of Björn Grunde
Ah! No, this is an intended change. My guess is you are using the "standard" set of files. We have stripped out many many properties to only key features for the "standard" files. We did this to try to reduce the size of the files for only commonly-needed properties. If you need all properties, please switch to using the "full" versions - see browscap.org for the URLs! :)

Hope this helps

Thanks
James

Björn Grunde

Mar 25, 2015, 5:01:36 AM3/25/15
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Den måndag 23 mars 2015 kl. 15:13:15 UTC+1 skrev Björn Grunde:
> I wonder if my ip is banned? Browscaps stopped working on all our systems at once.
>
> Ip: 193.15.201.244

Thank you for your help James! I can now calm down and solve the problem :)

James Titcumb

Mar 25, 2015, 5:04:13 AM3/25/15
to browscap on behalf of Björn Grunde
You're very welcome - let me know if you find any other issues!

Thanks
James