BrisFunc meetup 28th January 2014

Matthew Gilliard

Jan 19, 2014, 3:34:10 PM1/19/14
to BrisFunctional
Hi everyone, got some news for you:

  This will be the last BrisFunctional meetup - I propose skipping the office-y bit and meeting directly in All Bar One (top of Corn Street) at 19.30.

  When we first set it up, we had in mind to reach out and find a group of people who knew tons about FP and would gladly give up their time to come to BrisFunc and let us bask in their higher-kinded knowledge.  What we actually found was much better though - a group who were interested in learning all kinds of things, and who have enabled and encouraged a really varied and fascinating set of meetups over the last 3 years.  So, thank you all for your interest and insights.

  It's become clear, though, that the changes in our personal circumstances have made it very difficult to devote the time that a successful usergroup needs so we're calling it a day here.  It would be a real pleasure to see as many of you as can tolerate our terrible programming puns, in the pub on Tuesday 28th.

  See you, and thanks again!

Matthew, Thom, Joe