Meeting 25th June - Sam Aaron live coding Overtone

Thom Leggett

Jun 17, 2013, 8:48:29 AM6/17/13
to brisfun...@googlegroups.com, Sam Aaron, Clapham John
Hello Lambdas,

For the meeting on Tuesday 25th June we will have guest speaker Sam Aaron[0] who will be hacking his creation Overtone[1] on a large sound system. The event is taking place at Nokia Bristol at 1930 as usual but please come to the 6th floor instead of the 5th.

Please note that although Sam's agent[2] has kindly agreed to waive Mr. Aaron's astronomical booking fee he does have some riders[3] that he asks you to respect. I'll fix the cocktail sticks.

Thom.

[2]: In this case, John Clapham.
[3]: I *demand*
    1) A pure clean Emacs buffer (no, old used and cleared ones won't do).
    2) A room full of gits.
    3) No one must utter the word monad or indeed comonad.
    4) Lots of cocktail sticks laid out in the shape of lambdas.

ja...@ioctl.org

Jun 17, 2013, 9:04:45 AM6/17/13
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Thom Leggett wrote:

> 3) No one must utter the word monad or indeed comonad.

If Arwyn and I are there this is going to prove difficult :-)

--
Update your address books: ja...@ioctl.org http://ioctl.org/jan/
Lambda calculus? I hardly know 'er!