Brighton Mini Maker Faire

Chris Swan

May 13, 2013, 8:47:34 AM5/13/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
It was great to see a BrightonPi stand at Brighton Mini Maker Faire last year, and I'd be happy to volunteer to show off some projects this year. I already asked Pete Hobson if he was interested in doing it again, but sadly he doesn't expect to be around.

Is anybody else interested? If we can get a critical mass of about 3 volunteers then I think that should be enough to make an application before the 7 Jun deadline.

I'd be keen to show off OpenELEC, MAME and my Raspberry Pi controlled sous vide water bath.

Neil Ford

May 13, 2013, 9:09:47 AM5/13/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I'm already committed to being there with Code Club, otherwise I'd have been more than happy to help out.

Neil.

--
Neil C Ford
ne...@neilcford.co.uk . 07525 246356

OricTosh

May 13, 2013, 12:30:26 PM5/13/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I was one of the 3 that attended the maker faire last year. Set up some computer vision using a web cam.
I have a project in mind which will use an Arduino and Pi and pan/tilt servo mount.

I'm bit torn between being on the Build Brighton (as I'm a member) and The Pi Stand (no mash I'm afraid) :-)
Also agree that it would be a good idea to have a stand again this year.
Also have a large clock display project using an Arduino which could be completed by the maker faire, might like to show that off.
Also my Arduino powered RC car project is near completion, so that might be up for a demo and a show/tell.
Put me down as maybe for the faire.

Also the long wait is almost over as Farnell launch the Pi Cam tomorrow (Tuesday 14th May)
Register your interest here http://downloads.element14.com/raspberry-pi-camera/

Toby Cole

May 13, 2013, 3:51:10 PM5/13/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
I'm probably going to be there representing the company I work for as we're sponsoring again. I'll most likely be sporting a pile of Pis though, can't give you any details yet though, hush hush :)

Pete Hobson

May 14, 2013, 8:29:36 AM5/14/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,  As Chris Mentioned im hoping to head out of Brighton for a few months.  More than happy to pass over the twitter account passwords if anyone fancies driving.  Thats proved to be a fairly useful tool for connecting.

Mike Pountney

May 14, 2013, 8:31:05 AM5/14/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone taking over driving the regular meets at BB?

I'm happy to take on a bit more brightonpi org shenanigans, but can't be involved with the BMMF presence - i'll be too busy with the event itself.

Pete Hobson

May 14, 2013, 9:10:40 AM5/14/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike,

We had some great speakers and sessions at the brightonPi meets, at the last one I mentioned we had covered a broad swathe of topics id hoped to bring together : education, coding, and entertainment.  It would be great to keep something bubbling along, but finding suitable content for these larger scale meetups can be an ongoing issue.  We tried running several smaller scale hack type events, however the interest in these seemed to be a lot less than the speaker driven  ones.  I'd be exceptionally happy if anyone had the time and interest in driving these, or similar events :)

pete

Neil Ford

May 20, 2013, 7:24:05 AM5/20/13
to brigh...@googlegroups.com
One thing the group might want to consider is opening up the stand to more than just Brighton Pi enthusiasts. There are loads of wonderful projects out there that would make great exhibits and by inviting others to participate it might be easier to fill a larger space.

I mentioned the Maker Faire at Saturday's Cambridge Raspberry Jam, so don't be surprised if anyone gets in touch.

I'm committed to being at the faire on behalf of Code Club, but would be happy to help co-ordinate the Brighton Pi stand if no-one else has the time to do it.

Regards
Neil.