Does Brekel Kinect work with iClone by Reallusion?

Texoma

Oct 29, 2014, 5:30:03 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Does Brekel Kinect work with iClone by Reallusion?

Brekel

Oct 29, 2014, 5:33:38 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
I don't have access to iClone.
Have you tried the sample files?

Texoma

Oct 29, 2014, 6:47:22 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Yes and I downloaded the trial version of Brekel, saved as BVH.  I then tried importing the Brekel BVH file using iClones BVH Converter.  It says it cannot convert the file using X profile.  Profile being any of the 7 options is provides.

Brekel

Oct 29, 2014, 6:49:10 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide me with some sample files that are known to work with iClone?
Then there may be a chance of making things compatible.

Texoma

Oct 29, 2014, 7:35:41 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
No problem, how do I get them to you?

Brekel

Oct 29, 2014, 7:41:56 PM10/29/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
You can contact me directy by mail:

pandaProds

Oct 30, 2014, 1:56:25 AM10/30/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Hello ,

Brekel Pro body 2  work perfectly for iclone 5.51 . Just export your bvh file ,  using Autodesk Human IK option and characterize the bvh file in 3dx5 , using Maya Human-IK preset .
iclone BVH converter is an old tool . Build for iClone 3 ( if I am remember ), no update since 2 versions . But with the correct option I think you can convert the bvh file .
But 3dx5 is the perfect tool , designed for this task .

pandaProds

Oct 30, 2014, 3:07:44 AM10/30/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
I have just made a prf file for you . It's just a mapping table .
Now , you only need to tweak rotation joint in bvh converter , to perfectly match the bvh file exported from ProBody 2.
Hope this help

Sen
HumanIK_Profile.zip

Brekel

Oct 30, 2014, 3:19:54 AM10/30/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the assistance Sen, that's great to hear it works!

Mark McKinney

Nov 10, 2014, 12:12:53 PM11/10/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Texoma - did you have success with IClone - I read what Panda wrote but when I tried a BVH conversion with the sample files I lost the finger movement and the feet were twisted - I also read on one of the posts that we should be using FBX rather than BVH since it is such an old file format - I could really use some recommendations on how to take the output file from Brekel and the workflow to pull it into IClone 5.5 - I have been reading the posts in the Reallusion forums and they have not yet tackled an interface to the Kinect v2 for windows - I think Brekel might be the perfect work around rather than waiting on IClone 6 for a direct tool - Does anyone have a recommendation?  - thanks Mark M

Mark McKinney

Nov 10, 2014, 12:17:33 PM11/10/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Panda is there a way to do this with an FBX file also - did your experience capture the feet and fingers from the original file? - when I saw the movement of the original Brekel sample file - it was great but I could not get the same result using 3DExchange or the BVH converter - can you help me with the process? - thanks - I am hoping to use Brekel with IClone 6 and the new renderer - it looks awesome

Mark M

Brekel

Nov 10, 2014, 12:20:28 PM11/10/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Are there any FBX or BVH sample files that work directly in iClone 5.x or 6.x?
If there are they may enable me to build direct support in Pro Body 2 then.
Message has been deleted

pandaProds

Nov 11, 2014, 6:42:04 AM11/11/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Hello ,

You can't import directly fbx or bvh file in iclone 5 . There always need a conversion : 3dsmax + RL PLUGIN or 3dx5 (characterize tools ) .
Actually , I don't have time to full test hands and feet (iclone 6 projects) .
The best way is human IK profil in pro body 2 and 3dx5 also .

I don't have test with brekel sample , but with my own mocap inside pro body 2 .
As soon as possible , I will make another test , and if I can post a demo video or more .

Here my first test with Brekel pro body 2 beta (october I think ) . Don't forget mocap need always cleaning . For this test :
- short capture
- export with human IK profil
- import in 3dx5
- convert to non-standard character and characterize motion using Maya HUman IK profil
- convert and apply to iclone

I point your attention to this test , it doesn't reflect a perfect work using brekel . Just a quick quick test to validate my pipeline . You can do a great work I think using Por body 2 .
Hope this help .

Brekel

Nov 11, 2014, 10:53:15 AM11/11/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this information here!

pandaProds

Nov 11, 2014, 4:21:37 PM11/11/14
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Ok I just made a quick test with brekel sample for you Mark .

bvh > 3dx5 > convert to non-standard > characterize with human IK profil ( no tweak inside 3dx5 ) > convert > apply to iclone character preload inside iclone 5.51 > just tweak feet in less than 30 s in first frame.

For me the result is very good .
You can tweak the maya human IK profil inside 3dx5 for best match brekel bvh .
You can tweak motion with edit motion layer very easily inside iclone and more  in iclone 6 (advanced timeline , dopesheet and more ....).

And if you work with 3d software like 3dsmax/maya/mobu.... you can easily cleaning mocap ( sliding feet , oscillation , rotation ,jittering .... )

Tonio Osowa

Jan 3, 2015, 6:41:25 PM1/3/15
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
Mcpeek.. just can't get it. I bought your motherBones love pak and the animations work perfectly with iclone. what exactly did you use in making those animations in motherbones love pak?

argus1000

Feb 15, 2015, 11:10:42 AM2/15/15
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
I do  exactly as you say, panda. I export from Probody with Autodesk human IK, import the BVH into 3DX5, convert to non-standard with the Maya profile, add to perform and apply to iClone; I see the animation in 3DX5 but I can't import it into iClone 5.5, only the bones. No animation.

Mark McKinney

Feb 22, 2015, 8:20:14 PM2/22/15
to brekel...@googlegroups.com
I also am having trouble - got a moving skeleton in Iclone 6 but can't seem to figure what next

Mario Marietto

Jan 29, 2020, 4:17:09 PM1/29/20
to Brekel Kinect

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to import a BVH / FBX file (which contains my head/mouth movements) file into Iclone 7 / 3DXchange 7. The BVH file has been produced by this tool :

https://brekel.com/pro-face-2-retail-installer-download/ ;

it contains the movements of my face,my mouth and my head while I'm talking in front of my kinect v.2. What I want to do is to import the BVH file (or the FBX file,because the tool is able to create also that) inside ICLONE or 3DXchange and then make the retargeting,attaching a face,created with CC3 and finally,importing everything inside Unreal engine 4. My project freezes when I import those files. Infact as soon as I import the BVH file inside 3DXchange 7,this is what I see :

https://drive.google.com/open…

and I don't know what to do further. Instead,when I import the FBX file,this is what I see :

https://drive.google.com/open…

and the play button is greyed out. Instead,when I import the FBX file inside Iclone 7 I see that the head moves correctly,but the mouth does not move at all. I tried also to import the FBX file inside Character Creator 3,but it asks for the FBX key that I don't have. Do u have some suggestion to give me ?