Postgame Discussion -- Braves 9 Marlins 1

1 view

macth...@gmail.com

May 11, 2006, 10:08:14 PM5/11/06
to Braves Journal

billy-jay

May 11, 2006, 10:29:16 PM5/11/06
to Braves Journal
Well, we took 2 out of 3. If you forget about the fact that the loss
was a big league beatdown, that's not bad.

Kyle Sturgeon

May 11, 2006, 11:02:13 PM5/11/06
to Braves Journal
It was nice to see Huddy pitch well again. He looks like he's getting
on track.

Stu

May 11, 2006, 11:04:38 PM5/11/06
to Braves Journal
It makes me want to cry when I think about all of the time Griffey Jr.
has missed due to injury. I still think he's the greatest talent I've
ever seen on a baseball diamond.

macth...@gmail.com

May 12, 2006, 12:23:35 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
We should remember that the Marlins are very very bad. I mean it,
Early Sixties Mets bad. Yeah, they have Cabrera, but the rest of their
players would have been hard pressed to stay in the 1962 Mets lineup.

jenny

May 12, 2006, 12:56:18 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
Speaking of injuries, anybody see Aaron Rowand's face plant or Hideki
Matsui's broken wrist? Seriously cringe-worthy.

billy-jay

May 12, 2006, 1:46:17 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
In an alternate reality, would you rather have an injury-free Griffey
or a steroid-free Bonds?

JoeyT

May 12, 2006, 9:11:45 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
Easily, an injury-free Griffey. Given the choice, I'd rather save
someone from pain.

Smitty

May 12, 2006, 9:43:16 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
Are the Marlins worse than the Royals?

mraver

May 12, 2006, 9:48:19 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal

See, I disagree with you here. Their lineup isn't bad at all 1-6. Sure,
their pitching isn't great, but the lineup isn't bad. Not on par with
Atlanta's, but significantly better than, say, the Nats from last year.

Anyhow, it's very good to see the Braves respond well to the blowout. 2
out of 3 ain't bad; lets see what happens with the Nationals.

BlaineCo...@gmail.com

May 12, 2006, 11:36:33 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
Can someone explain to me how a player (matt diaz) has a higher BA than
OBP?

Smitty

May 12, 2006, 11:42:57 AM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
When will BJ site be back up?

Mac Thomason

May 12, 2006, 11:44:16 AM5/12/06
to braves...@googlegroups.com
I don't know.  It's possible we'll actually have to shut down to change software.

Kyle Sturgeon

May 12, 2006, 12:54:38 PM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
No walks as well as non-AB plate appearances where he didn't reach
base, e.g. sacrifice bunts or sacrifice flies.

say he's 3 for 10 with a single, two doubles, and two sacrifice flies,
and no walks or other PAs.

his linescore will be: .300/.250/.500

CSG

May 12, 2006, 1:45:50 PM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
We need the Brewers to play better tonight. They have only won 2 of
their past 9 games. We should all send our thanks to Aaron Rowand for
his dedication to destroying Mets fans. Jose Lima pitches again
tonight.

JoshQ

May 12, 2006, 4:11:20 PM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
How delirious can you be? This is what Bobby is quoted as saying about
Sosa's pitching this year.

"He's hung a couple of breaking balls, but I think overall he's thrown
good," Cox said.

Huh?!?

And I guess LaRoche has struck out a few times, but overall he's been
swinging a great stick.

jimtr...@msn.com

May 12, 2006, 4:32:25 PM5/12/06
to Braves Journal

macth...@gmail.com

May 12, 2006, 4:49:52 PM5/12/06
to Braves Journal
It has actually been requested that I write something snide about Bobby
Cox saying he's still comfortable with Reitsma. It's pretty obvious
that Reitsma isn't pitching well, and of course Bobby knows that; the
same with Sosa. At the same time, Bobby isn't going to say anything
bad about his players, nor should he.

You know, if LaRoche could keep the power while cutting down on the
strikeouts (an iffy proposition, of course) he'd probably be pretty
darn productive. His Isolated Slugging is .248, which is two points
higher than Ryan Howard. The NL first basemen with higher secondary
averages are Pujols, Nick Johnson, Berkman, and Delgado. He's the team
leader (tied with Marcus) in walks. The problem is that he isn't
getting any singles.