Tomorrow night's concert

Bovina Historian

Aug 7, 2015, 4:32:04 PM8/7/15
to Bovina NY History
My last posting should have included a picture with information about tomorrow night's concert in aid of the Bovina Historical Society, but at least when it came to my mailbox, the image was gone. So here's the info in text form one more time as a reminder:

On Saturday, August 8, 2015, from 4 to 8 PM the Bovina Historical Society will host a fundraiser featuring the John Burroughs Memorial Locust & Wild Honey Mountain Orchestra. This outdoor musical event will take place at one of Bovina’s oldest farm properties, known as “Among the Pines” in 19th-Century documents. The house was built by the Russell family around 1825, restored in 1990, and owned by Bovina residents John and Carmen Tucker since 2008. The property is located at 1300 Coulter Brook Road and can be reached by driving one-and-a-quarter miles east on Coulter Brook Road from Bovina Center proper. Admission is $10 per adult, with children under the age of 12 free. Attendees are invited to bring their own picnic and refreshments, and folding chairs and blankets if desired. Ample parking on an adjacent grass meadow will be provided. In the event of rain on the afternoon of the event, the venue will change to the barn of the Livestock Foundation Headquarters at 124 Bob Hall Road, Bovina Center.