Latest Blog Entry - This Day in Bovina for June

Bovina Historian

Jul 2, 2016, 11:58:45 AM7/2/16
to Bovina NY History
Here's the compilation of Facebook entries I did for the month of June for This Day in Bovina: http://bovinanyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/06/this-day-in-bovina-for-june-2016.html

And something exciting this week, at least to me, was receiving a box of town historian materials from the family of the late Hugh Lee, who was town historian before my dad. In this box I found the Civil War Diaries of William Richardson, grandfather of Isabell Russell. I'm going to need a few months to work out how best to share these, but I hope to have something before the end of the year in my regular blog or possibly in a separate blog. The diaries cover from Jan 1, 1863 through July 14, 1865. The last entry is his return to Bovina. He notes that he was 'welcomed home by the Citizens of Bovina." And there the diary ends! But there'll be a lot of great stuff in it. So stay tuned.