Latest Blog Entry and upcoming events

1 view

Bovina Historian

Mar 22, 2017, 7:31:54 PM3/22/17
to Bovina NY History
Here's the latest blog entry on the Bovina NY History blog about the three Scott sisters: http://bovinanyhistory.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-three-scott-sisters.html

On April 22, I will present my third annual Bovina Historian presentation. This year's program will be a slide show reminiscing about past Town of Bovina celebrations, including Old Home Days, the town's sesquicentennial in 1970 and the nation's bicentennial celebration in Bovina in 1976, among others. It will take place at 7 pm at the Bovina Community Hall, with a free will donation to benefit the Bovina Historical Society. If anyone has pictures from past Bovina celebrations to share, please let me know.

The Bovina Historical Society will be having a Crock Pot Cookoff on Saturday, May 6th. The BHS is looking for people to submit crock pot dish entries. The categories are: meat, vegetarian, side dish and dessert. The society also is seeking items to be donated by local businesses for a raffle. Do you have an item to be donated? If you are interested in making a dish, donating an item, or volunteering to help set up or clean up, please contact the society at bovinahisto...@gmail.com