Event update and Bovina Farm Day

Bovina Historian

Jul 6, 2015, 8:20:23 AM7/6/15
to bovina-n...@googlegroups.com
Due to a very busy summer schedule, the Bovina Historical Society has had to cancel the Casserole Cook-off scheduled for July 11. Stay tuned for information on its rescheduling.

And I want to pass along this message from Joan Burns with Farming Bovina concerning Bovina Farm Day, scheduled for September 6:

Farming Bovina will be the new host of Bovina Farm Day. Bovina Farm Day has grown and become a staple Labor Day activity for local residents and visitors to the area. The Stewart and Weber families have produced the event  for the last 6 years but now find it time to pass the torch of responsibility on. Farming Bovina has taken up the challenge of seeing to it the the popular event continues to take place.

As current, past and hopefully future members of Farming Bovina we would like you to come to a meeting at 1:00 on Saturday July 11 at the Bovina Community Hall. Many of you have enjoyed past Bovina Farm Days as visitors or as vendors. We want to keep Bovina Farm Day going as it is more then just a day for farmers and craftspeople to sell their goods. It is a community event and needs your support. On Saturday we will be reviewing our man-power needs to have a successful event. Yes, we will be asking for volunteers to help set-up, man-the-gate & clean up. Make Bovina Farm Day your day also. Please come to the meeting. Help Farming Bovina continue the Bovina Farm Day tradition by joining Farming Bovina (yes, it takes money to put on the event) or simply offer to help us continue this community event.

If you have questions or can't make the meeting but would like a membership form or offer to help contact Joan Burns at 607-832-4531 or farmin...@gmail.com.