Latest Blog Entry and some upcoming events

Bovina Historian

Jul 3, 2015, 8:40:12 AM7/3/15
to bovina-n...@googlegroups.com
When Bill Madon very kindly posted his video of the Bovina History Pageant on You Tube, he had to edit out some of my closing remarks because Aretha Franklin's "Respect" was playing in the background (which could have led to copyright issues if he had left it alone). So here's a slightly edited version from my script of what I said: http://bovinanyhistory.blogspot.com/20…/…/r-e-s-p-e-c-t.html

The Bovina Historical Society's Casserole Competition is next Saturday, July 11, 5-8, all proceeds to benefit renovations to Russell's Store. $10 per person ($5 for children). Categories will be main dish, side dish, dessert and dishes prepared by children, with a $10 entry fee. For more information, contact Briana Riera at 607-832-4442.

Other upcoming dates/activities:

Bovina Day is July 18. The museum will be open and there will be the annual community wide yard sale and town picnic in the evening.

Bovina Farm Day will be September 6 at its usual location on Crescent Valley Road.