Short video from the Pageant

Bovina Historian

Apr 23, 2015, 3:24:58 PM4/23/15
to bovina-n...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to share with you this short but moving video from Saturday's pageant, created by Chris Ingvordsen and Joe DeSalvo.

This is the summary of the video: On April 18, 2015, the community of Bovina, New York (in the northern Catskills), led by Town Historian, Ray LaFever and the Bovina Historical Society, recreated “The Bovina History Pageant,” a lecture and show that had taken place 60 years before in 1955. In 2015, on that springtime Saturday night, there was standing room only. At the close of the performance, the community honored the men and women from Bovina who had served in wars across American history. All stood while Taps was played. A few members of the community, dressed as soldiers from the Civil War, World War I and World War II, saluted Edward F. Rossley, standing in the front row. Rossley—88 in May—is an inductee to the New York State Senate Veteran’s Hall of Fame, who has served in three wars: World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He’s living history.