Carmack is now the CTO of Oculus

1 view

Jeff Sylvan

Aug 7, 2013, 11:40:21 AM8/7/13
to bost...@googlegroups.com
When we were kids, the breakthroughs that Carmack came up with made our jaws drop - wolfenstein, doom, quake, etc. As technology reached - and passed - the uncanny valley, this feeling of wonder died down a bit as breakthroughs felt a bit more linear (as gamers).

Now, in a world where so much is taken for granted, the Rift is one of the few things that really gives a sense of "this is amazing, I wonder what the future holds!" It should come as that big a surprise that the father of innovation just took the role of CTO at Oculus.

This opens up a new future for our industry and I find it very exciting, so I figured I'd share the good news.

Kevin Gleason

Aug 19, 2013, 10:43:36 AM8/19/13
to bost...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

Are you one of the organizers of the Boston Festival of Indy Games? In one of the promotional pictures it had someone who looked like you.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin M. Gleason, Owner - Host
Irish Cottage Productions
Public Profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kmgconsultinggroup

The information in this email and any attachments or any reproduction of this email in whatever manner is confidential and for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee then the distribution, use or reproduction of this email or the information within it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If received in error please advise the sender and delete all record of it from your system. Although believed to be virus free, accurate and complete, responsibility for any loss or cost arising from its receipt or use or its incomplete or inaccurate transmission is hereby excluded to the fullest extent possible.

Jeff Sylvan

Sep 11, 2013, 7:59:35 PM9/11/13
to bost...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

I am not - I'm just a backer of their Kickstarter (though art from Alteil: Horizons shown in the art gallery). Do you have a link?

-Jeff