Next Meeting April 9th - Reading code

Zach

Mar 5, 2012, 8:52:04 PM3/5/12
to Boston Software Craftsmanship
Hi All,

Our next meeting will be April 9th and the theme will be reading
code.

The plan is to pick a large codebase, to split into pair, and to try
and come to some understanding of the codebase / architecture.

Thoughts?

-Zach

Mark Simpson

Mar 5, 2012, 10:16:02 PM3/5/12
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com

I regret not making it to tonight's meeting.

This idea for the next session sounds interesting. I'd suggest we have
some short list of codebases picked out before the meeting. That way
our time is spent exploring and not choosing.

Ciao
Mark

Vineet Sinha

Mar 5, 2012, 11:41:04 PM3/5/12
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, we should pick the codebase and get everyone to try to set it up before the meeting.

Some codebase ideas that we talked about were:
o neo4j - NoSQL is getting hot, and we can get into the internal of one of them.
o JGit - GitHub is getting popular, we will get into the details of an implementation.

-Vineet