Next Boston SC Dec 2nd - Migration Patterns

Zach

Nov 25, 2013, 10:29:45 PM11/25/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Please join us for an exercise in migrations. Our own Steve Vance will lead us this session (then to drinks afterwards to congratulate him on his new book!)

Are you maintaining different versions of your programmatic APIs or service end points? Is your obstacle to continuous delivery shutting down your database for schema changes? There's another way. Let's explore migration patterns that let you avoid these problems.

Come prepared with your favorite JavaScript environment, such as Node. If you have a statically typed language like Java available, it will help explore other facets. A database would complete the triad, but we can do the latter two as a group, so they're optional.

To RSVP see: http://gathers.us/events/december-2013-boston-software-craftsmanship-meeting

See you then,

Zach