[job] Clojure-related backend systems software engineer at Yieldbot

vlj...@yieldbot.com

Sep 11, 2017, 11:03:21 AM9/11/17
to boston-clojure
We have a backend systems software engineer position open at Yieldbot. You'd be working with Mesos, Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Datomic. See below. Email me (vlj...@yieldbot.com) or DM me on the Clojurians slack (my username there is "ljosa").

It's been a while since I was at a meetup. If there's a lightning talk meetup sometime, I can talk about the various things that we use Clojure for at Yieldbot.

Vebjorn

As a Backend Systems Software Engineer at Yieldbot, you’ll work with cutting edge technologies, solving difficult problems, supporting a dynamic and growing business. Bring your knowledge and interest in distributed systems and related technologies and join a great team always working to exceed its goals.

You’ll have the opportunity to develop and support any and all aspects of our infrastructure including:
- Mission-critical distributed environment running applications on Mesos
- Highly-available network architecture leveraging load balancers (ELB and Nginx)
- High-performance distributed data pipeline utilizing Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Configuration services on top of Datomic

Some examples of great experience to come in with:
- Containerized runtime environments
- Functional languages, and the desire to learn others like Clojure and Elixir
- Amazon Web Services or similar cloud environments
- Domain object modeling

Musts:
- Ability to work collaboratively and great communication skills
- Significant experience as a developer working on distributed applications and infrastructure
- History of shipping high production quality functionality
- A desire to creatively solve challenging problems
- Technologies We Use: Node.js, Clojure, Elixir, Mesos, Singularity, Marathon, Consul, Vault, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Apache Spark, Terraform, Datomic, ELB, Nginx, Git