Cannot attach to password database

Rajeev Ramanujan

Jul 1, 2004, 12:33:06 AM7/1/04

I have got a problem with Interbase while connecting to remote server
using Interbase Server Manager.

If I'm connecting to the local server using Interbase Server Manager its
connecting fine.

But if I'm trying to connect to the remote server using the Interbase
Server Manager I'm getting the following error message:

'Cannot attach to password database'

I'm using Interbase verion 5.6

Need help.

Thanks
Rajeev R

E. ten Westenend

Jul 1, 2004, 9:52:52 AM7/1/04
Check to see if you have rights to get to the password database (isc4.gdb in
the Interbase folder);

Eric

"Rajeev Ramanujan" <rajeevr...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Rajeev Ramanujan

Jul 2, 2004, 7:25:48 AM7/2/04

Yeah, the user has full rights.

Thanks
Rajeev R

"E. ten Westenend" <er...@bureaujurjendevries.nl> wrote in message

Brian Ellul

Jul 2, 2004, 10:09:04 AM7/2/04
Open Regedit and check the following key
value...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Interbase\CurrentVersion\RootDir
ectory.

This value will contain the path of the isc4.gdb database. Make sure that
the DB is there!

Regards
Brian