Interbase, cannot attach to service manager

Vince

Jun 6, 2002, 4:08:36 PM6/6/02

I have a problem with a customer. When she try to connect to the interbase, this message appears : " cannot attach to service manager ". So, i open IBConsole, unregister local server a create a new one. When i did this, i had a lot of error message.She does not have any special program on her computer, so i do not know waht to do.
She runs Windows 2000 Pro, and i think that she a service may use the ODBC interbase, but which one ?

Thanks for reply me at vincent....@axilog.fr

Craig Stuntz [TeamB]

Jun 6, 2002, 4:43:18 PM6/6/02
In article <3cffc144$1_2@dnews>, vincent....@axilog.fr says...

> I have a problem with a customer. When she try to connect to the interbase,
> this message appears : " cannot attach to service manager ".

This generally means that the server is either pre-V6 or is V6
classic. IBConsole only works with V6 SuperServer.

> So, i open IBConsole, unregister local server a create a new one. When i did
> this, i had a lot of error message.

Please be specific about the error messages.

-Craig

--
Craig Stuntz (TeamB) · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):

Woody (TMW)

Jun 6, 2002, 6:40:36 PM6/6/02
"Vince" <vincent....@axilog.fr> wrote in message

When I ran into this error it was because I was trying to connect
using a Local connection on a machine that didn't have local IB
running. Setting the protocol to TCP solved it.

Woody (TMW)

Vincent

Jun 7, 2002, 9:47:33 AM6/7/02
hi,
What's the difference between V6 server en V6 superserver ?
My bde administrator version is 5.01 and ibconsole version is 1.0.0.326, is
that good ?

Christian Charette

Jun 7, 2002, 10:03:41 AM6/7/02
hello ;c)

> What's the difference between V6 server en V6 superserver ?

http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=faq#q3.dat
(i know it is for FB but it's the same)

> My bde administrator version is 5.01 and ibconsole version is 1.0.0.326,
is
> that good ?

there is 344 out and you _Have_ to update (many bug fix)

Christian