Interbase Startup Error

Paul DeWitt

Nov 15, 2002, 5:26:06 PM11/15/02
I have Interbase 6.5 installed on a Window 2000 workstation. I have been
using Interbase on this machine for several months now.
Recently, Interbase stopped working. I get an error in the event log that
the Interbase Guardian service cannot start. The error
is "The description for Event ID (212) in Source (Interbase Guardian) cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. Please run the Interbase Configuration
Utilit. errorno: 1053".

I tried running the utility (I think) and I tried re-installing Interbase.
I am unable to restart Interbase. This is the second computer to
have this happen in the last month. How can I fix this problem or restart
Interbase? I recently applied Window Service Pack 3

Thanks