Interbase error 10035

Arnaldo

Feb 13, 2002, 5:12:49 PM2/13/02
I have installed the interbase classic on linux and when i try to connect
using the IBConsole program I got the following error....

Attempting connection to 192.168.200.21.
Socket for connection obtained.

Found service 'GDS_DB' at port '3050'
Failed to connect to host '192.168.200.21',
on port 3050. Error Num: 10035.

TCP/IP Communication Test Failed!

Could somebody help me?

Craig Stuntz

Feb 13, 2002, 4:40:37 PM2/13/02
In article <3c6ad73e_2@dnews>, arn...@wps-sa.com.br says...

> I have installed the interbase classic on linux and when i try to connect
> using the IBConsole program I got the following error....

You can't connect to IB classic with IBConsole, since it doesn't
support the services API. IBConsole can only connect to a SuperServer
IB server.

-Craig

--
Craig Stuntz (TeamB) · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):

J Hall

Feb 13, 2002, 7:08:06 PM2/13/02
In article <3c6afcf6_2@dnews>, arnaldo...@uol.com.br wrote...

Hi,

> Does IBExpress support Classic Server?

Yes, if you don't use the admin components.

Arnaldo Caetano

Feb 13, 2002, 6:45:46 PM2/13/02

Does IBExpress support Classic Server?

"Craig Stuntz" <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> escreveu na mensagem

Arnaldo

Feb 14, 2002, 6:47:59 AM2/14/02

I got the same message using the IBX components!

"J Hall" <j...@hall.com> escreveu na mensagem

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Feb 14, 2002, 10:54:16 AM2/14/02
10035 is a Winsock error.

Question/Problem: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Answer/Solution: This is a temporary condition and later calls to the same
routine may complete normally. The socket is marked as non-blocking
(non-blocking operation mode), and the requested operation is not complete
at this time.

--
Bill

Craig Stuntz

Feb 14, 2002, 11:03:46 AM2/14/02
In article <3c6b964d_1@dnews>, arn...@wps-sa.com.br says...

> I got the same message using the IBX components!

Then you're having a different problem (but even if it were fixed
you couldn't connect with IBConsole :). Are you sure the server is
running? Can you make a local connection with ISQL? Can you make a
"remote" connection from ISQL on the server using "localhost" as the
host name?