Using CAPI from Delphi

Tilmann Reh

May 28, 2002, 9:43:28 AM5/28/02
Hello,

I would like to use a serial connection via modem for data transfer.
I think I should use CAPI to dial-in, transfer data, and hook off.
(This would hopefully be independent of the type of modem and how
it's connected to the PC.)
Can anyone give me some hints about how to start and where to get
detailed information about accessing CAPI and performing these
functions? I am using Delphi 4 (standard).

Thanks in advance.
Tilmann Reh

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates ?
(Sun Microsystems)

Tilmann Reh

May 28, 2002, 10:38:58 AM5/28/02
I must add that CAPI seemingly is for ISDN only.
What I need is a general way to dial-up, transfer data, and hook
with (if possible) any kind of modem installed: serial, parallel,
USB, ISDN, DSL, network, internal, external ...
Is there any common driver interface or API I can use?

Michael Porer

May 28, 2002, 1:54:53 PM5/28/02

I've found some time ago this code, very helpful.
Allows to enumerate connections, connect, disconnect...
i've uploaded it to my webfolder:

http://members.gaponline.de/m.porer/ras.zip

-Michi-

"Tilmann Reh" <tilma...@autometer.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag