Form Wizard that who's ancestor is a ~descendant~ of TForm

Colin Hughes

Aug 16, 2001, 7:41:25 AM8/16/01
Hello. I am trying to write a form wizard in D6 that creates a descendant
of a form I have created (which has abstract methods that the wizard will
implement).

The closest I have got is by implementing IOTAModuleCreator (along with
IOTACreator) (thank you Erik Berry!) and then trying to create the form's
resource file using an implementation of IOTAModuleCreator.NewFormFile. the
rest of the implementation is identical to inheriting from TForm, which
works.

However, this create the following error: "Cannot load a form that has
itself as an ancestor".

Am I going about this the right way?
Yes? Can you tell me where am I going wrong, please?
No? Can you guide me to the right way of doing it, please?

Thanks in advance,

Colin Hughes.

Colin Hughes

Aug 16, 2001, 10:58:12 AM8/16/01
Thanks for reading - I have realised my mistake!

The NewFormFile was incorrect. I had a standard object declared in there,
not "inherited".

Kind regards,

Colin Hughes.

"Colin Hughes" <madd...@lineone.net> wrote in message

> Hello. I am trying to write a form wizard in D6 that creates a descendant
> of a form I have created (which has abstract methods that the wizard will
> implement).
>
> The closest I have got is by implementing IOTAModuleCreator (along with
> IOTACreator) (thank you Erik Berry!) and then trying to create the form's
> resource file using an implementation of IOTAModuleCreator.NewFormFile.
the
> rest of the implementation is identical to inheriting from TForm, which
> works.
>
> However, this create the following error: "Cannot load a form that has
> itself as an ancestor".
>
> Am I going about this the right way?

> Yes? Can you tell me where am I going wrong, please?

Declare the form's resource file properly!!