Problems with NTDLL.DLL with (W2k SP2 and D6)

Enrico Recknagel

Aug 29, 2001, 4:23:16 AM8/29/01
When I compile an Application the CPU-Window Appears with a
"ntll.dbguserbreakpoint". I have to ignore the Breakpoint 3 Times - then the
App starts.

When I end my App, the same error occurs, what should i do????

Thanx
ENny

Helge Søgaard

Aug 29, 2001, 5:39:16 AM8/29/01
Enrico,

I have the same problem on some of my applications. It seems im my case to occur
when using some specific ActiveX objects such as the OS's built in Img
components.

Regards,
Helge Søgaard

Enrico Recknagel

Aug 29, 2001, 8:41:53 AM8/29/01
It seems, I have solved the problem.

I've installed Babylon Translation Tool (AdWare-Version), I uninstalled this
tool and my delphi works well.

Enny

"Enrico Recknagel" <en...@rhc-edv.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Doug Nettleton

Aug 29, 2001, 3:19:59 PM8/29/01
I'm running W2k SP2, D6 Pro, Rave4.05 and Ads Client 6.0. If I drop a
button and a PrinterSetupDialog onto a form and set the button's OnClick
event to:

begin
PrinterSetupDialog1.Execute;
end;

When I run in the IDE, I stop at ntdll.DbgUserBreakPoint twice then it
brings up the Printer Setup Dialog box. I doubt Rave and / or Ads Client
have anything to do with this. I suspect this is just some debugging code
that will hopefully be removed in the first patch.

Regards,

Doug Nettleton

Enrico Recknagel <en...@rhc-edv.de> wrote in article
<9mio79$mp6$07$1...@news.t-online.com>...

Dennis Passmore

Aug 29, 2001, 5:31:57 PM8/29/01
On the Companion CD that came with Delphi 6 you will find a directory
by my name. In that directory you will find the source for a IDE addin
expert that will fix the problem for you.

Look for the W2kDebugFix.dpk project and install it.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

Brad White

Sep 5, 2001, 3:25:02 PM9/5/01
Dennis is correct.
The breakpoints are in NTDLL.dll.
They appear sometimes and not others
depending on which part of the dll gets
exercised. It is not a bug or breakpoint
in the components themselves.

The fix, in its default setup ignores
the breakpoint that was removed by
M$ in the second patch. To ignore