Fatal Error C1141

Ralph Sickinger

Mar 27, 2002, 5:49:26 PM3/27/02
All of a sudden I'm getting: [Fatal Error] ts_sync.pas(1084): Internal
error: C1141
when I compile.

Can anyone enlighten me, as to what this means?

TIA,
Ralph S.

Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Mar 27, 2002, 8:26:55 PM3/27/02
"Ralph Sickinger" wrote:
> All of a sudden I'm getting: [Fatal Error] ts_sync.pas(1084): Internal
> error: C1141
> when I compile.

The "C" part refers to the compiler. The number is the line number where
it choked, which will be meaningful to the person who looks at the code
for the compiler.

What is ts_sync.pas part of?

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Ralph Sickinger

Mar 28, 2002, 10:11:51 AM3/28/02
It's part of a program that I'm writing that is supposed to synchronize data
between multiple databases.

The error appears on the very last "end;" statement of the procedure. The
procedure makes several procedure calls to compare the data in different
fields of a record; if a comment a bunch of them out, the error goes away.
It doesn't seem to matter which ones I eliminate. I turned off optimization
for this procedure, and it compiled fine. I have a similar procedure that
then got the error, and had to turn off optimizations there too. This
procedure WAS working earlier, until I added additional code to the unit.
I'm not sure that I can reduce this to a single-line error. It seems to be
a quantity issue.

Ralph S.

"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" <da...@removethis.b3.com.au> wrote in message

Erwin Molendijk

Mar 28, 2002, 10:37:58 AM3/28/02
"Ralph Sickinger" <ra...@bmpcoe.org> wrote:
> The error appears on the very last "end;" statement of the procedure. The
> procedure makes several procedure calls to compare the data in different
> fields of a record; if a comment a bunch of them out, the error goes
away.
> It doesn't seem to matter which ones I eliminate. I turned off
optimization
> for this procedure, and it compiled fine. I have a similar procedure that
> then got the error, and had to turn off optimizations there too. This
> procedure WAS working earlier, until I added additional code to the unit.
> I'm not sure that I can reduce this to a single-line error. It seems to
be
> a quantity issue.

I experienced a similar Internal Error with a project in D5 Pro. The
(obvious) work-around that I used, was chopping up the routine in two parts.

Regards,
Erwin

Bernard Hill

Mar 28, 2002, 11:56:49 AM3/28/02
In article <3ca332b7$1_1@dnews>, Ralph Sickinger <ra...@bmpcoe.org>
writes

>It's part of a program that I'm writing that is supposed to synchronize data
>between multiple databases.
>
>The error appears on the very last "end;" statement of the procedure. The
>procedure makes several procedure calls to compare the data in different
>fields of a record; if a comment a bunch of them out, the error goes away.
>It doesn't seem to matter which ones I eliminate. I turned off optimization
>for this procedure, and it compiled fine. I have a similar procedure that
>then got the error, and had to turn off optimizations there too. This
>procedure WAS working earlier, until I added additional code to the unit.
>I'm not sure that I can reduce this to a single-line error. It seems to be
>a quantity issue.
>
>Ralph S.

I had exactly this problem in a D5 project. It's a quantity issue, I am
sure. I had to turn off optimisation permanently.

Good luck

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland
01750 21854
+44 1750 21854

Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Mar 28, 2002, 6:30:34 PM3/28/02
"Ralph Sickinger" wrote:
> I'm not sure that I can reduce this to a single-line error. It seems
to be
> a quantity issue.

Borland would still be interested in reproducible test cases.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)