[RC fatal error] file creation failed

Randall Sell

Feb 2, 2005, 6:23:40 AM2/2/05
Hello all,

I've just moved my first project to work under a version control system
(Perforce). Now, when I compile, I get this error:

[RC fatal error] file creation failed.

The EXE is created but I cannot run it from the IDE (regardless if
integrated debugging is on or off). I'm sure if I checked out all the files
for the project, it will probably work as I have found other news messages
that state that, but I need to know more in particular what is read-only on
my system that needs to be read-write. I have all the app files (dpr, res,
dof, dsk, etc) checked out with read/write permission on these files.

anyone ever experience something like this before?

regards,
-randall

Michael Hoffacker

Feb 2, 2005, 6:43:37 AM2/2/05

I had the same problem. The reason was, that one .res File needed was
read only.

Bye
Mike

Randall Sell

Feb 7, 2005, 11:09:55 PM2/7/05
Yup, was the same in my case, just a bit hard to track down the right one.
Thanx for pointing me in the right direction

-rs