SQL State: 42S02, SQL Error Cod: 208 Invalid object name 'dbo.ccMnemonic'.

Michael Lant

Jan 20, 2005, 11:27:25 AM1/20/05
I am using a BDPDataAdapter in D8 to retrieve, insert and update data to a
SQL Server 2000 database. When I attempt to post changes, I receive this
error: SQL State: 42S02, SQL Error Cod: 208 Invalid object name
'dbo.ccMnemonic'.

My update code looks like this:

if ds_CCMnemonic.HasChanges then
BdpDataAdapter1.AutoUpdate;

I have tried this in D2005 and it works fine there. This application,
however, must be written in D8.

Any ideas?

Michael Lant

Daniel Magin

Jan 20, 2005, 6:33:57 PM1/20/05
change in your update, insert, delete statement the dbo.ccMnemonic to
ccMnemonic

daniel :-)

Michael Lant

Jan 20, 2005, 7:21:50 PM1/20/05
Daniel

Odd - I tried this with the Select and Update queries, but it did not help.
I did as you suggested and changed them for ALL of the queries and indeed it
did work. I find it strange the the Delete and Insert queries had any effect
on things, since they shouldn't even be used for simple updates. In any
case, it now works.

Thanks

Michael Lant

"Daniel Magin" <dan...@pauer-magin.de> wrote in message

Daniel Magin

Jan 23, 2005, 4:27:24 AM1/23/05
hi michael,

you are right, the autoupdate method building his own update, insert,
delete statement. cause this statemants are nothing else like
bdpCOmmands. you must use direct this commands. but now back to your
problem. the autoupdate is bulding self the u,i,d command (like the
bdpCommandBulder). so delete the "dbo." in the SELECT statement and now
it must work.

the only thing you can perhaps get like a error is with autoinc fields
in ms-sql. ms-sql dont like this fields in u,i statements. so in the
autoupdate method you find also the paramater readOnlyFields. you have
to create a array of string to put all the field names from the table in it.

cu daniel

Ramesh Theivendran(Borland)

Feb 28, 2005, 12:28:23 PM2/28/05
Did you try setting QuotedObjects = True in
BDPConnnection.ConnectionOptions. You can change that in the
ConnectionEditor also.

T.Ramesh.
"Michael Lant" <ml...@sphere-data.com> wrote in message