Printer\QuickReport error.

William Campbell

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In my application (CBuilder 1.0) I have a couple of quickreports.

Anyways, I went to show somebody the application on their computer and
they did not have a printer, and thus no default printer.

So, when the program started I got the error:

"Error reading QuickReport. Paper Length: there is no default
printer currently selected."

And the program would just not start.
How do I get around this???

Thanks in advance,

William Campbell

John MacDonald

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

William :

Pick a default printer of course.

Try and epson

BFN

William Campbell

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Yes, I thought of that, but, not everybody has their Windows 95/Windows
NT
CD on them.
I wanted to figure out a way to allow my program to run, even without
the default
printer.
I was hoping just to catch this exception, but this error is so nasty,
and I can't find where in the code you would want to put a try/catch.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it, but, does anybody know of another
way??

Thanks,

William Campbell