BDE Error $000F

Greg Rowland

Apr 1, 2002, 10:18:05 AM4/1/02
Any ideas on what error BDE $000F is?

Delphi 6 Update Pack #2
InfoPower 3000.05
Windows 2000 Pro-Client
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise addition

Thanx in advance,

Greg

Tomek Pinkiewicz

Apr 3, 2002, 9:43:45 PM4/3/02
I've tried increasing SHAREDMEMSIZE to 65000 (Kbytes I think), but it
doesn't do anything.
What's the reason for this error? And how can it be fixed?

I hope someone can help me
Thank.

Tom

"Greg Rowland" <sup...@JobTrax.com> wrote in message

Tomek Pinkiewicz

Apr 3, 2002, 10:14:26 PM4/3/02
Normally when I create TTable or TStoredProcedure that retrieves a dataset,
I set the Active property to true. So, when the form loads up tables and
stored procedures are initialized and program crashed ($000F error) before
the form can be loaded.

Well, I've set Active property to false for all the tables and SPs.
Then I put code in the form constructor that sets Active property to true
for all tables and SPs. And it worked! At least for now. From previous
experience I know that $000F error seems to appear out of nowhere. But for
the moment I seemed to have fixed this problem.

"Greg Rowland" <sup...@JobTrax.com> wrote in message

Tomek Pinkiewicz

Apr 4, 2002, 12:24:25 AM4/4/02
I've been using BCB fora couple of hours and the error re-appeared again!
Damn! I guess the solution I gave is incorrect.

Sorry.

"Tomek Pinkiewicz" <tom...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Greg Rowland

Apr 4, 2002, 10:05:42 AM4/4/02
Gee Tomek,

I guess nobody is touching this one!

OK here's what we're do'n.

Downloaded and installed BDE 5.2.0.2 "with some reservation"
http://ibinstall.defined.net/dl_bdeinfo.htm from
http://bdesupport.com

Make sure that all "idapi32.cfg" alias's are complete and accurate. The BDE
install blew "idapi32.cfg" away on some workstations.

Our app uses ODBC to access SQL 2000 and BDE Alias's to access some Paradox
temp tables.

It seems the Paradox "idapi32.cfg" entries may have something to do with
error $000F.

After installing BDE 5.2.0.2 we started getting ACCESS VIOLATIONs from the
SQL connection(s) on some workstations.

After considerable hair tearing/testing it was determined that systems with
the MDAC which installs with Office 2000 did not exibit the
ACCESS VIOLATION, so we have been updating the MDAC on all our workstations
in addition to the BDE.

So far our production application "Delphi 4.0 Interbase 4.0" and some
"Delphi 5.0 also IB 4 Modules" have not been affected by these update(s),
although my knees are still knocking.

All this is in preparation for roll-out of an all "Delphi 6.0 SQL 2000"
version of our proprietary "Mission Crital Application" http://JobTrax.com
tm.

Really wish we had a more definative answer to error $000F, however these
"PATCHES" seem to be holding! I have developed my own definative which I
will share with you privately.

Unless something else breaks we have another week of BETA testing before the
new release.

Will keep you posted,

Good Luck,

Greg Rowland

Apr 4, 2002, 10:07:49 AM4/4/02

Greg Rowland

Apr 12, 2002, 9:29:43 AM4/12/02
Hello All,
This problem definitely seems memory related.
I am developing on a P2 700Mhz with 265Meg

Anyone know of guidelines for; Min, Max Stack & Base Memory Size?
Wonder if this could have some effect in this error, Bumped up the installed
default(s), albeit arbitrarily.

Not sure about Tomek's project, ours is huge, the exec is approaching 6meg.

I've a feeling that manipulating SHAREDMEMLOCATION and or SHAREDMEMSIZE as
suggested here may be of some use.

Thanx,

Greg Rowland

Tomek Pinkiewicz

Apr 15, 2002, 7:36:13 PM4/15/02
I agree that this is memory related. It's not so much about the size of the
memory but it's about not releasing that memory back to the system (from BDE
or the App or number of other apps?) it seems.
Increasing SHAREDMEMSIZE (or other values) will only delay the problem.
For me it only happens with Stored Procedures (using MS SQL2K).

This is what I've done to prevent the error from happening. I put this line
in the constructor of the main form:
database_name->CloseDataSets();
This a function of the database component TDatabase
I also have KeepConnection property set to FALSE. Even if this doesn't stop
the error it helps me to recover from it better (before I had to restar the
computer).

I'm using C++ Builder 5 Update Pack 1. My project is smaller than Greg's but
relies heavily on Stored Procedures and I'm also using triggers for my
tables.

Tom.

"Greg Rowland" <sup...@jobtrax.com> wrote in message

Greg Rowland