BDE Error $251E

Bulent Erdemir

Nov 2, 2001, 2:31:02 PM11/2/01
Hello,
We are trying to connect an ODBC source using BDE and works normally.
When we change the SHAREDMEMSIZE from 2048 to any other value (say
4096 for example) the application gives an initialization error "an
error occurred while attempting to initialize borland database engine
($251E)".
When we make SHAREDMEMSIZE equals to 2048 it works again.

Another strange behaviour is when we're inside the Delphi IDE, the
Tquery objects works fine and it can open the query, regardless of the
SHAREDMEMSIZE value.

There's no info aroung about this error number.

I'm using Delphi 6 on NT 4.0. The Bde administrator shows 4.0 in the
Configuration tab->system->INIT->VERSION entry.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bulent Erdemir