BDE ERROR $215E

Esther Mann

Feb 25, 2003, 2:29:25 PM2/25/03
I have a network app which resides on a server. I am using BDE v4.50. On
some stand alone XP machines trying to run the app produces a $215E out of
availible shared memory error. The SHAREDMEMSIZE is set to 4096 what other
settings should I check to trouble shoot this?

Thank you in advance,

Esther Mann

Bill Todd

Feb 25, 2003, 2:48:13 PM2/25/03
Are you sure the error code is $215E? If so, what is the complete text
of the error message?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Esther Mann

Feb 27, 2003, 5:03:15 PM2/27/03
The exact error message is

An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $251E)"

Esther Mann

"Bill Todd" <bi...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message

Bill Todd

Feb 27, 2003, 7:25:41 PM2/27/03
I have heard of others having this problem with XP. I do not know what
the cause or cure is. Normally increasing SharedMemSize will eliminate
the error. You might try changing the SharedMemLocation to 0x5BDE and
see if that helps.

STornari

Mar 6, 2003, 5:30:33 PM3/6/03
Esther,

I have experienced this issue with our software.
It has always been that compatabilty has been set for the application.

Locate the app exe, right-click, go to the compatablity tab, and disable
it..

Hope this helps
Steve
ASI Tech Support
Stor...@asicentral.com
"Esther Mann" <man...@icehouse.net> wrote in message

Don Locke

Mar 9, 2003, 11:40:33 AM3/9/03
I have a customer with this same problem & have been looking for a
resolution of about a month!! The computability being set turned out to
be the problem. It now runs!! Thanks alot for the information Steve!!
Don