Problems with error 'Cannot load IDAPI Service Library'

Henrik Meldgaard Frisk

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Hi

I try to connect to a Oracle8.0.4 database from my client8.0.5.0 for WinNT,
but I get the following messages:

'Cannot load IDAPI Service Library'
File: SQLORA8.DLL
Alias: X
BDE Error: 8458.

Can someone please tell me if this is an BDE Administrator error or an
Oracle error. I assume it to be the BDE that is causing me problems, but I'm
not sure.

So. Can someone please give me a clue. Why to I get this error. I have tryed
to reinstall both me Oracle Client and the BDE Administrator for Delphi5,
but it's still the same.

Henrik
Denmark

Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
For Oracle, this error message often is because the <orahome>\bin directory is
not in your path.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.

Rich Stoer

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
In addition to Jeff's suggestion, make sure the path to <ORACLE_HOME>/bin is
in the first 254 bytes of the path and that the path is not being
overwritten by a LAN logon script. That one got me not long ago.

Rich