Glad to see development is alive!

OscillatorSlave

Dec 26, 2013, 2:11:49 PM12/26/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
I just discovered this amazing app but was a bit bummed by the lack of input recording and audiobus support. This app is perfect to create your own layers of loops. I saw the last update was in 2012 so I was a bit worried if this will ever happen only to see your twitter account and this forum showing you are working at it and are aware of the requested features.. awesome, I honestly can't wait for V2!

Some things I would love to see

- Audiobus support
- Mic input recording straight into a workable sample (would be groundbreaking)
- some more grain options to fiddle with

Hoping for a release soon but take all the time you need to get it perfect.
You rock dude!

Cheers
Niels

scottmcgr...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2014, 11:55:53 AM1/1/14
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Yay to a Borderlands update finally!!! Already something great to look forward to in 2014!

Chris - It's probably too late for requests now - but allowing doubling or quadrupling of the maximum duration would sure be great for ambient music to slow things down even further. Perhaps a 1x/2x/4x switch? (or even to 8x/16x !!!)

Anyway looking forward to any updates which will deepen the potentials for this interesting instrument.

Cheers,
Scott M2

modulationindex

Jan 1, 2014, 11:42:17 PM1/1/14
to borderland...@googlegroups.com, scottmcgr...@gmail.com
Hey Scott -

Thanks for the kind post! Interesting idea for sure. The problem with longer durations in Borderlands is that performance begins to lag very quickly with multiple simultaneous grains. That being said, I changed the max duration to 3 sec instead of 1.5 in V2, which allows for some of the longer ambient textures you mentioned. I've got a few other high priority items to work on before submitting to the app store (specifically - Audioshare, real time input recording / granulation, and various UI adjustments + bug fixes), but I like the idea of making the min / max parameter values configurable in settings. Maybe I'll put that on the list for the 2.1 release :)

Also - just to clarify my tweet from yesterday -  I am still in the process of finishing a number of features for v2, so it won't be available immediately. I have not submitted anything to the app store at this point, but I am doing my best to wrap up as much as possible this month and hopefully get something in the store by the end of the first quarter. I have an very significant life event coming up in early February, so free time is somewhat unpredictable at the moment. I've been averaging something like 4 - 6 hours of development time per week, so the new features are very slowly, but surely taking shape :)

Anyway, thanks again + happy new year!

Best,
Chris

iams...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2014, 9:08:20 AM1/9/14
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Cant wait for the update, its greatly needed! But i like knowing that you'll support audioshare! Keep up the good work!

scottmcgr...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2014, 1:18:04 PM2/10/14
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, Sorry for the slow response... but I'm very glad to hear that you're doubling the max time to 3 seconds. That's a great step forward for ambient usages. With all the improvements you're already making to Boarderlands I am really looking forward to going deep with it in the next version! - Scott M2

scottmcgr...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2014, 12:20:11 PM3/30/14
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure that whatever great improvements you bring to the BL update, we'll all be clamouring for AudioBus2 state-saving next.

Just wanted to say Sorry in advance. ;)