Borderlands as realtime FX device with Logic Pro? Does this work?

Mike Baker

Sep 16, 2015, 1:01:13 PM9/16/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hey Chris – Came across Borderlands on createdigitalmusic.com. I read the following quotes from Peter in his review:

"Filter, and Receiver support means you can use Borderlands as a source, as an effect in a larger chain, or to record other apps."

"But because a scene can also take live inputs, you can, as Chris suggests in his demo video, use them to create custom effects-processing presets for use with any live audio source."

... And immediately bought borderlands, audio bus, and audiomux so I could use borderlands as an external effects device for sources in logic. After lots of effort, however, I'm not even close to getting this to work. Did I read this wrong, does borderlands not work in this manner? Thanks so much!

Sean

Oct 5, 2015, 1:41:39 PM10/5/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi Mike, does Borderlands integrate with Logic specifically? Not to my knowledge, and reading the

quotes you

have provided I don't see anything in there that suggests it does. You can use anything you create in Logic or from any other source as material in Borderlands and vice versa, which is what the article seems to be saying. That can be imported as an audio file or through a live input. Therefore you can use it as a live fx with any audio source whether through the mic or another audio input to the device you are running it on.

Mike Baker

Oct 5, 2015, 3:15:42 PM10/5/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis, nia.wat...@googlemail.com
Thx for your reply, Sean! Question - when you say:

"Therefore you can use it as a live fx with any audio source whether through the mic or another audio input to the device you are running it on. "

How exactly do you do that? I'm trying to send sound out from Logic to my plugged in iPad, through Borderlands and then back into Logic. But the Borderlands UI is so inscrutable, I can't figure it out...