Borderlands "semi-launches"

David Stevens

Jan 6, 2017, 1:11:02 PM1/6/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
I haven't used Borderlands for a while and started it up today to use alongside Fieldscaper.
The first time I tried this it launched fine. But since then, when I launch Borderlands (even with any other audio apps completely quit), I end up with a soft red bar at the top of the page and no sign of Borderlands. If I double click the home button to show active apps, I can see that Borderlands is allegedly loaded. If I tap on that, the splash page shows, it says "loading sounds" and then disappears again.
(I don't know if it's relevant, but I've seen this problem with several other (non-audio) apps after the last iOS update. In each case it required an app update to get those particular apps loading correctly)
I'm also getting into AUM. If I try loading Borderlands when AUM is active, there's a brief burst of (quiet) sound when Borderlands tries to load.
If I try to load Borderlands _inside AUM, the icon at the top of the mixer channel eventually goes red/stripey, and the message "Borderlands Sender got disconnected.... " is displayed.
I've tried restarting my iPad, but get the same problem - Borderlands will no longer load fully.

David Stevens

Jan 6, 2017, 1:15:59 PM1/6/17
to borderland...@googlegroups.com

ok - I deleted and reinstalled Borderlands, and so far it's working ok.