Additional file management options?

smili...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2015, 2:13:29 AM7/24/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis

Borderlands is a great granular synthesizer.
But given that it's entire purpose is to work with samples, the sample management options are frustratingly limited.
In order to load a sample or save a recording from within Borderlands, one must use AudioShare, an additional $5 app.
Thankfully Borderlands does support AudioBus, but that's quite a roundabout approach, because it requires a sample playback app, routed into borderlands for recording, then yet another app for recording the output from borderlands yet again. This is not ideal when working with long samples, nor is it ideal given notoriously unstable iOS app reliability when working with large samples in small device memory capacities, nor is it ideal when there may be any number of different sample rates or bit-depths between apps, resulting in questionable audio quality.
Supporting an industry standard file management solution like Dropbox or even the freely available (and industry standard to a lesser extent) AudioCopy would cure a major headache.

modulationindex

Jul 24, 2015, 11:43:03 AM7/24/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis, smili...@gmail.com, smili...@gmail.com
Hi Richard -

Thanks for your message. I understand the frustration about Audioshare being an extra $5. I went with that solution due to feedback from a number of iOS musicians who indicated that Audioshare was their preferred method of file sharing. I will certainly look into adding dropbox support in the future.

Another option for getting your files into the app is to drop a bunch of audio into the app's documents directory via iTunes file sharing. Any files you put in the docs directory will show up in the recordings browser in the app on the next launch.

Hope this helps.

Very best,
Chris

Robaire Beckwith

Jun 13, 2021, 1:33:34 PM6/13/21
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Audioshare also does not work on many versions of iOS (my iPad is limited to v9)