Any new updates soon?

jwm.make...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2017, 11:48:37 PM9/14/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Just curious to know if Borderlands will be updated soon, especially if it'll include updated support for iOS 11's Files app. Thanks. :)

trevorllewell...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2018, 7:53:41 AM7/1/18
On Friday, 15 September 2017 05:48:37 UTC+2, jwm.make...@gmail.com wrote:
> Just curious to know if Borderlands will be updated soon, especially if it'll include updated support for iOS 11's Files app. Thanks. :)

i would love an update

jadab...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 7:23:04 AM1/14/19
On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 11:48:37 PM UTC-4, jwm.make...@gmail.com wrote:
> Just curious to know if Borderlands will be updated soon, especially if it'll include updated support for iOS 11's Files app. Thanks. :)

Ditto on that. I've been having trouble getting Borderlands to accept audio input from my iConnectivity Midi4+ interface in the latest version of iOS. Tried routing things through Audiobuss but it garbles things. I assume this got broken by some recent iOS updates. Would love it if this app got updated! Amazing app.

deeperin...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2019, 4:42:23 AM9/27/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Please, I really love Borderlands so I think we need an update because it does no longer recognise by AUM and there are a lot of troubles with Audiobus. It’s a disaster how Borderlands works with iOS 12.4.
I hope to get an update soon
Thanks!

modulationindex

Sep 28, 2019, 10:05:29 PM9/28/19
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks  for the kind messages and sorry for my long delayed reply to this thread. I've been terrible about checking and responding to this google group. I also want to apologize for the long duration that these issues have been out in the open and unaddressed.  There are a lot of factors that are making my available dev time and progress quite slow these days, but the good news is that the update is very nearly complete (and will be a free update to the existing app).  I occasionally post dev updates / info about new features on the Borderlands instagram - instagram.com/borderlands_granular, so please feel free to follow along there.  That is likely the first place I will share news about the update's availability.

This update fixes the real time input problem on iOS 12, improves IAA usage, and brings the app up to date with the latest Audiobus 3 SDK.

It also will add a number of new features and lots of under the hood improvements. The biggest new features include:
  • Ableton Link support for both internal and external beat synced grains (with beat quantization adjustable on a per-cloud basis and an in-app tempo adjustment menu)
  • A grain trigger probability parameter
  • A semitone pitch tuning option (per cloud).
  • A new real time input mode that streams input from right to left in a "waterfall" style (vs the existing looping style).  This is similar to running a signal through a granular FX pedal
  • An overdub level control for the real time input, allowing sound on sound recording
  • Automatable sound quad position / size / rotation
  • An envelope trigger option for grain clouds, in which clouds have an Attack / Release envelope activated by touching the cloud.
  • Ghost clouds (secondary visual representations of clouds which continue playing back automation when the cloud is touched, making it easier to edit clouds with fast position automation.)
  • Files support (in that the app's docs directory is now exposed on the iOS file system. Files can be accessed through the app's Recordings menu / "Imported Sounds" sub header
There are quite a few other improvements in this update and more to come in the future.  Once this update is in the store, will be moving on to MIDI note in and CC mapping support and iPhone layouts to make the app Universal).

Thank you for your patience, and, again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.  Please feel free to respond here or reach out directly if you have additional questions. (carlsonc at ccrma DOT stanford DOT edu)

Very best,
Chris