Cannot Delete scenes when orginal audio files have been deleted

andreas kavvadias

May 12, 2016, 9:38:05 AM5/12/16
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hello,

First of congradulation for this great app.

I d like to delete some scenes I ve created with audio samples that were afterwards moved or deleted..
Software seems to freeze when I try to load some of these scenes and i cannot overwrite them.

Andreas

modulationindex

May 13, 2016, 9:18:04 AM5/13/16
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi Andreas -

Thanks for your message and sorry about the problems!

Did you move / delete the audio samples from the folders inside the application's document directory? Every scene copies its required files to a directory with the name Scene_[yourscenname]. There is a .plist file inside that directory that describes the scene, so if files get moved / deleted, the scene will fail to load. I will work on making the error handling a little more robust for future versions.

For now, the best way to delete scenes is to swipe left on the scene's row in the browser inside the app. This will bring up a delete button on the right side of the row (just like deleting an email on the iPhone). Alternatively, if that doesn't work, use filesharing via iTunes, select the Scene folder you want to delete, and delete it using the delete key.  More info on using file sharing here:

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Chris