iOS 7 compatibility?

jcrystal

Nov 5, 2013, 1:29:22 PM11/5/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone confirmed whether Borderlands will work with iOS 7? I am waiting to update until I know I won't lose some of my favorite apps!

modulationindex

Nov 6, 2013, 2:42:12 PM11/6/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
The current version should be functional on iOS 7, with a few small issues:

The segmented controls for the grain parameters might look a bit weird (Apple added a "feature" that requires developers to set a flag indicating that buttons will use a custom look and feel in iOS 7. the segmented controls showed up with a weird hybrid of my customization and the iOS 7 appearance...).

Apple also added a layer of new functionality to tables, which resulted in a problem affecting the saved recordings view. The buttons in each row will only select the first recording in the list rather than the correct row in which the button is located.  If you don't save or share recordings, you should be all set.

There may be other bugs that I have not encountered yet, but I am trying to get everything compatible quickly.

I have heard from other developers that iOS 7 audio can be a bit buggy, so it could be best to wait if you are working on something that requires your apps to be totally functional.

Unfortunately, a number of other iOS 7 updates broke new features I have been adding for v2 (especially scene saving and audiobus), so I've been backtracking quite a bit in the evenings over the past week to get those stable again.

Hope this helps!
Chris

jon crystal

Nov 6, 2013, 4:15:54 PM11/6/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Chris:

This is very helpful. I think I will just hold off installing iOS 7 for now and give you and other developers a chance to get caught up. I really appreciate what sounds I can get from borderlands, and don't want to jeopardize that ability unnecessarily.

Jon