new to ipad and BG

John Pazdan

Mar 31, 2015, 1:49:41 PM3/31/15
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
I have been on the fence about getting an ipad, though I am now OFF the fence..what a tremendous app you've made. Having not owned an Apple product in 10 years, I have a question re ipad air and air2. In the article that started it all, you are quoted by peter as saying some of the new features in BG take advantage of the improved hardware..I have a choice of getting an air2 with the faster processor and more ram or the air..which still seems like a great tablet. But as i intend to keep this a while..what would you recommend?

Again, thanks for the great work on this.

modulationindex

Apr 1, 2015, 12:41:24 AM4/1/15
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
Hi John -

Thanks so much for the kind message :)

So the advantages Peter mentioned apply to all of the hardware models (even back to ipad 2). The "hardware acceleration" simply takes advantage of the DSP located on every ipad to do faster computations of large sets of numbers. Previously, the app did the calculations on the CPU which was a bit slower.

Borderlands works great on ipad 2 and up, so, you can really buy whatever ipad model you'd like. I'd recommend the iPad air 2, however - buying the most recent version is a good bet for making sure your hardware will still be relevant and useful in 3-5 years.

Thanks again!
Chris

John Pazdan

Apr 1, 2015, 10:11:45 AM4/1/15
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
thanks Chris..the more I listen to this, the more i discover