Low volume output & sample clipping?

wha...@ymail.com

Oct 31, 2012, 8:59:09 PM10/31/12
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
I am finding that the output volume on performance recordings is low. My samples are generally .wav files, 16bit, 44.100 kHz, and typically +5 db to +14.1 db (created in iOS apps like NLog, Figure). If I try and compensate by increasing the grain volume, I experience clipping, especially when moving samples and clouds around the screen. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix?

(I've attached some live performance recordings as examples)

pulse3.wav
Pulse.wav
Pulse2.wav

melanie....@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 12:49:31 PM7/11/16
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis, wha...@ymail.com
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 12:59:09 AM UTC, wha...@ymail.com wrote:
> I am finding that the output volume on performance recordings is low. My samples are generally .wav files, 16bit, 44.100 kHz, and typically +5 db to +14.1 db (created in iOS apps like NLog, Figure). If I try and compensate by increasing the grain volume, I experience clipping, especially when moving samples and clouds around the screen. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix?
>
> (I've attached some live performance recordings as examples)

Hello Chris,

Love Borderlands!
I also have very low Rec.Out levels. Am I missing something? Is there a way to adjust?

Many thanks, Melanie