mini update?

jcwt...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2017, 7:50:13 AM6/5/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi, i'm a huge fan and constant user of Borderlands. A while ago i opened it and a message flashed- "this app will not work with the next version of ios". I really got depressed about this prospect! Please, please don't let BG disappear!

Also, the obligatory feature requests... please, could we have AUM compatibility... i use AUM all the time now, and having to route through Audiobus is a drag. Also, every time i open BG, the same four strips of starter files are sitting there... slows the flow, y'know?

But seriously - would be lost without this app. Magical. For all the apps that model this bit of hardware or that old model of workflow, it's the genius apps which exploit the pad capabilities that i keep coming back to.

thanks

modulationindex

Jun 6, 2017, 4:06:25 PM6/6/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Ooo! That's scary. I certainly don't want that to happen! Hoping to test on the next OS and sort out any issues this summer.

Borderlands will work with AUM. It just requires a small workaround - make sure the app is already running in the background when you try to open it in AUM. This is a bug with my IAA support, which I will resolve soon. More info on the problem here: http://kymatica.com/forum/index.php?topic=185.0

Thanks so much for the kind message. So glad you enjoy the app. I hope to keep it in the store for a long, long time. Just a matter of finding time and energy to get it done (which is quite a bit harder these days for various reasons, but not impossible!)

Very best,
Chris

modulationindex

Jun 10, 2017, 8:39:11 AM6/10/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Out of curiosity - what iPad hardware are you using? I did a bit of searching and it appears the warning you saw is related to Apple dropping support for 32bit versions of apps (now only 64 bit will be supported). The version in the store is currently built for 64 bit and 32 bit devices, so I'm wondering if you saw this on a 32 bit iPad (pre-iPad air generation).

Thanks!
Chris

Trees

Jun 12, 2017, 3:58:31 AM6/12/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Thanks a lot for that, appreciated.

Yes, i've got an ipad mini 2, so maybe i will have problems? Damn...

lbc...@hotmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 12:17:00 AM8/11/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Is the current version 64 bit? The word is that all 32 bit apps will not run on iOS 11. I want to purchase, but this is my only worry...