inertia / pitch buttons / quantizing

Paulie Jan

Nov 2, 2017, 4:53:00 AM11/2/17
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi Chris,
first thanks again for this marvel.

I am writing this because I am not able to implement it myself, as I am just a musician :)

I was wondering if it was possible to implement two new options concerning the pitch button.
I am using borderlands live a lot, and a couple of things would really make it more efficient as a live instrument in my opinion :

- when I want to set the pitch of a cloud, the instability of the button is a problem : its reaction is really to sensitive to touch, which means that it's almost useless as it i so hard to be precise.

--> that leads to 2 ideas :

1 implement a form of inertia/weight to the pitch button
2 implement an option one could activate/deactivate for absolute and/or relative quantization of pitch. (a modal scale sélection could be cool as well, one could choose to quantize to dorian or myxolydian or whatever :) )

cheers
PJ

Raimund

Nov 12, 2017, 10:19:46 AM11/12/17
On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 9:53:00 AM UTC+1, Paulie Jan wrote:

> 1 implement a form of inertia/weight to the pitch button
> 2 implement an option one could activate/deactivate for absolute and/or relative quantization of pitch. (a modal scale sélection could be cool as well, one could choose to quantize to dorian or myxolydian or whatever :) )

Yes please, that is what I am also looking for.