Any possibilities doing ipod/iphone port?

eh...@seznam.cz

Oct 25, 2012, 12:31:05 PM10/25/12
to borderland...@googlegroups.com

Chris Hahn

Oct 25, 2012, 12:39:19 PM10/25/12
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
That's an interesting though. Limiting it to one or two clouds and a couple of waveforms, I could see this as pretty useful. There's already been times when I wished I had my iPad with me.

Fabio Di Mauro

Oct 11, 2013, 5:00:21 AM10/11/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com, eh...@seznam.cz
Il giorno giovedì 25 ottobre 2012 18:31:05 UTC+2, eh...@seznam.cz ha scritto:

+1 for have Borderlands ecerydays in my pants!!!

modulationindex

Nov 22, 2013, 1:38:55 AM11/22/13
to borderland...@googlegroups.com
I have definitely thought about this and would love to spend some time on it, although my main focus of my development time in the evenings is on the iPad app.

A friend of mine tested some of the core granular synthesis code (minus all of the interface, etc.) on an iPhone 4 and found that the performance is extremely limited. I think he said he could get about 6 grains before the frame-rate of his app started to drop - to be fair, the app he is developing is also doing some pretty heavy graphics computation as well.

Anyway, it's an interesting idea. Maybe someday!