where are recordings stored /

matthewh...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2015, 1:57:35 PM9/23/15
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi

cheers for one of the best apps i think but can you tell me where recordings in Borderlands are stored ? i did a few and then somehow deleted bordlands off my ipad 4 but not before i had backed up both the state of the ipad 4 fully and also all my apps including Borderlands , now it doesnt seem to be showing the recordings despite reinstalling the original app file i backed up ? wondering where the Borderlands recordings get embedded ?

modulationindex

Mar 29, 2016, 9:43:10 PM3/29/16
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis, matthewh...@gmail.com
Hi Matthew!

Thanks for your kind message and apologies for the incredibly delayed reply. Your email came about 3 days before my family moved across the states, so it got lost in the shuffle.

The recordings are stored within the app's documents directory, which is accessible via iTunes file sharing. More info on how to use file sharing here. Any "scene" folders you create are also stored there.

Due to Apple's "sandboxing" of apps (each app has it's own file system as a security measure), the files are directly associated with an app. When you delete any apps, you automatically delete all files stored by that app. So - the bad news, as I'm sure you know by now, is that the files cannot be recovered. Sorry about that!

Always best to take a backup of the documents directory (see the file sharing article I linked) before deleting an app that stores data.

Sorry again for the long overdue reply!

All the best,
Chris