This month's Bootstrap Business Club bar / pub venue suggestions?

liberonetuk

Jun 9, 2014, 11:41:59 AM6/9/14
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
For this months Bootstrap Club we're looking to do a more informal networking event at a Manchester bar / pub. This would be the last Friday of this month, which is the 27th. As we're based in Warrington and are not that familiar with the Manchester area, we are looking for suggestions to venues. Anyone got any ideas to which will be the best venue?

Graham Ashton

Jun 9, 2014, 11:51:28 AM6/9/14
On 9 Jun 2014, at 16:41, liberonetuk <liber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For this months Bootstrap Club we're looking to do a more informal networking event at a Manchester bar / pub. This would be the last Friday of this month, which is the 27th.

I might need to be in London, but if not I’ll be there.

> As we're based in Warrington and are not that familiar with the Manchester area, we are looking for suggestions to venues. Anyone got any ideas to which will be the best venue?

We always used to go to Common on Thomas St in the northern quarter. It’s not too far from TechHub, and immediately opposite Madlab.

Some people love it, I think it’s alright if it’s not too busy. Assuming we get less than 10 people, we might all fit round one of their big tables.

There’s another place over the road with big tables too. They’re both basically bars, neither are anything special, but (not knowing anywhere better myself) it’s where I’d start.

If anybody has any other suggestions though, throw ‘em in the pot...

Coral Grainger

Jun 9, 2014, 1:40:54 PM6/9/14
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
I may not be there so my suggestion shouldn't hold very much sway, but if anyone fancies Kosmonaut (between the old & new TechHubs) I'd think @pastapaul would reserve you a table if that's useful.

Again, popular with some, less so with others. Music may be too loud for discussion - or am I getting old??!!

@coralgrainger
Sent from Coral's iPhone