Leanconf mourning keynote is ... Des Traynor from Intercom

1 view

Ben Aldred

Sep 10, 2013, 9:00:57 AM9/10/13
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me posting here as it will be relevant to some of you.

We are excited to announce our morning keynote is Des Traynor. I know some of you will know him and use Intercom but for the people that don't.

Des is a co-founder and COO Of Intercom, a CRM and messaging tool for web applications. Des writes the very popular Intercom blog, and is a regular conference speaker on topics such as UX Design, customer experience, and the business of start-ups. He is on Twitter as @destraynor, and his previous presentations can be found on Speakerdeck.

He will be speaking about "Product Strategy: Lessons learned from working with 100+ start-ups"

Solving your own problem is a great way to start building a product.  With traction comes pressure to expand your feature set to satisfy more potential customers.  Without a product strategy it's all too easy to build a toolbox of tangentially related features, rather than a holistic product. In the short term the former wins more customers, but in the longer term it costs you deeply. It becomes impossible to market your product.  Your elevator pitch is still going when everyone is out of the building. Your product becomes hard for customers to use, or adopt. Without a product strategy you can quickly drift into building consultingware, just that one more feature for that one more customer.

This fast paced, light hearted talk builds upon lessons learned from consulting with, and helping over 100 start-ups identify their core features, and orient a product strategy around them. It explains the commonly-used and commonly-misunderstood approaches to start-ups and presents easy to action takeaways for analysing your product and planning  your product roadmap.

If you don't read the Intercom blog and you do startup or product related stuff then you should go an put it in your feed reader now, its one of the best!

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Aldred

Sep 10, 2013, 9:41:13 AM9/10/13
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Ric has just pointed out the typo in the subject line.

Des is doing the Morning Keynote. I can assure you that no one has been harmed while organising this conference ;)

Ben

Co-founder of Leanconf and below average proof reader.