This may be of interest?

Ben Aldred

Aug 7, 2013, 11:24:44 AM8/7/13
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

A quick disclaimer. This is an event I am running. It may be of interest to you.

This is a quick note about Leanconf. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 2pm. Apologies to people who may have seen something similar posted to another list.

What is Leanconf?
It is a 2 day Lean Startup conference that will be held on 26th and 27th October in Manchester at The Sharp Project.

Why should I be interested?
Many of you may be thinking of doing your own startup or may be already working on/at a startup.

If you have read the Lean Startup then great! The conference will be right up your street.

If not then ...

Lean Startup techniques help to limit waste (effort or time), discover if you have an idea someone will pay for and measure if you are going in the right direction (building the right features).

You can also apply Lean Startup techniques in big business and the public sector (we have talks on both). So it's not just for small startups.

The Conf
The first day we will be hosting a Leancamp. Which is has an unconfererence/barcamp format. Every Leancamp attendee gets to decide the schedule, suggest topics and can (and is highly encouraged to) run your own session.

The second day will be a more traditional style of conference with practical Lean Startup talks covering: Customer development, Analytics driven startups, A real MVP in practice, Lean UX, Lean Startup in big business, Finding product market fit and other great stuff.

As bootrappers I think there are a couple of talks that will be interesting to you.

First is a talk by Anthony Bosschem who will talk about how he validated an idea and got customers without building a product first.

The other is a talk by Mattias Hernandez - How Mattias found product market fit after initially building a product that nobody wanted.

I think there still should be some Early Bird tickets left after our (not so secret) pre-sale.

Early Birds are £95 and standard tickets cost £150, which is pretty good for a 2 day conference?

The site is www.leanconf.co.uk

Thanks and I hope to see some of you in October.

Ben

p.s. Feel free to send this on to anyone who may appreciate it.

Ben Aldred

Aug 13, 2013, 5:25:21 AM8/13/13
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
A quick update to the Leanconf announcement

We have a schedule up with more information about what will be happening on the day. http://www.leanconf.co.uk/schedule

We also have 3 Early Bird tickets left @ £95

Cheers,

Ben