potential news for the PDF renderer

Johannes Wilm

May 6, 2013, 5:32:35 PM5/6/13
to booktype-dev
Hey guys,

remember how last sumemr we had two issues with creating a Chrome/Webkit based renderer using only scripting:

1. The Chrome python bindings didn't support Linux

2. The PDF renderer couldn't be set as the default printer, which meant a script would have to blindly change the printer using virtual mouse clicks, etc.

Well, 1 seems to be resolved (see below for the answer on the bug that I filed last summer).

And 2 also seems to be resolved. At least my chrome has the PDF renderer as default and it's actualyl kind of hard to turn it off while in Googler Drive.

----