Opera and CSS Regions

Johannes Wilm

May 28, 2013, 3:57:04 PM5/28/13
to booktype-dev, Booktype

CSS region spec has been updated again (see below). I assume the webkit and blink implementations will be updated within the next months.

Another news item is that the first alpha of Opera based on Chromium has come out. This is important for us because Opera spent a lot of time adding print features to their private copy of webkit. With those in place, most of what BookJS does can be done in the pdf output with just a few lines of CSS. Now that they are making it public, I would assume that those changes should become public and likely merged back into the Chromium codebase.

However, I tested their test version, and it appears that the print-CSS additions are not there yet. I have emailed the Opera CTO for clarifications, but for obvious reasons he is pretty busy right now. They may just have turned this off for the current test version, or there may be a runtime flag that one can use to enable it.